Click on a topic to learn more.
- AO PolyPanel™ is a combination of Compatico AO-series panels with add-on segments to provide a segmented appearance in a monolithic structure. Following specifications cover only the panels. Refer to Compatico Specifications (AO1 or AO2) for specifications of the remainder of the system.
- Shall be an established product with a national and international distribution network for clients with remote sites.
- Shall offer factory-based assistance including
- CAD-based drawing (of furniture) services at no charge
- Drawing & application review before order
- Technical assistance
- Shall be approved for sale to General Services Administration (GSA).
- Design shall offer appearance of a tiered panel but be of a monolithic construction.
- Shall offer a variety of options for ‘top’ segment, including
- Fabric covered
- Open frame
- Marker Board
- Glazed, with glazing options: Clear, Smoke, Frosted
- The panel system must meet the class A requirements for flame spread and smoke development as specified by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in the 1988 Life Safety Code No. 101 and the Underwriters Laboratories requirements for use with energy distribution components.
- Panels must be UL listed/CSA certified and labeled.
- The panels shall be A rated, have an estimated STC (Sound Transmission Coefficient) of 35, and an NRC (Noise Reduction Coefficient) of 0.55 for non-accoustic panels and 0.70 for accoustic panels. Frames shall allow for non-progressive panel removal or replacement.
- Panel heights shall be a range of 42" high to 67”” high
- 42” Traditional Reception height
- 48” Nominal seated visual privacy
- 62” Traditional standing visual privacy
- Widths shall vary from 24" wide to 60" wide, in traditional architectural 6” modularity, except 18”w and 54”w: 24”, 30”, 36”, 42”, 48” and 60”.
- Panels must be equipped with adjustable leveler glides at least 2½” long.
- The panel system must employ a non-progressive entry system where installation may begin with any partition in the run.
- Shall include a broad array of fabric selections and price grade levels ( includes eighty (80) patterns in five (5) grade/price levels).
- Panels must be less than two inches thick and lightweight (e.g., one person can easily maneuver panels of any height, less than 60 inches wide).
- Panel connection system must be a self-aligning, metal-to-metal wedge-and-block system.
- The panel-to-panel and panel-to-connector joint design shall incorporate an integrated seal designed to seal out light and noise transmission through it.
- The system must not have product ‘generation’ changes that restrict full integration of current product with original product without adapters or modifications. Enhancements to the original design must be fully useable with the original generation (non-obsolesence).
- Panel base raceway must accommodate a minimum of twenty 25-pair cables in a powered panel and up to forty 25-pair cables in non-powered panels.
- Panel frame construction: frame shall be made of 1.75” thick oriented strand board (OSB) vertical stiles and horizontal rails. Core shall be honeycomb construction of nominal 4½” X 4½” cells made of corrugated material. Frame bottom inside corners must be reinforced with added wood blocks glued-in from the corner to across glide hole. Frame and core shall be bonded between two hardboard sheets. Panel faces shall be uniform in appearance and show no blisters, tears, waviness, or core telegraphing. There shall be no delamination. Each side of the frame shall be completely covered with upholstery fabric. Panel top edge shall be completely covered with a powder coated, extruded aluminum top cap with a barbed “T” pressed into a groove machined into the top horizontal rail. Panel end trim shall be roll-formed 14-gauge cold-rolled steel powder coated to match the top cap. Enamel-coated cold rolled steel hanger frames shall have slots at one-inch increments for suspension of components. Cast aluminum wedge blocks shall permit assembly of panel to adjacent panels, connectors or end caps with use of appropriate hardware.
- Segment frame construction: frame shall be constructed of welded 18 gauge cold rolled rectangular steel tubing, 1” x 1.75” cross section with powder coat finish. All welds shall be ground smooth and flush at joints. Marker Board and glazing retainer shall be extruded, rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Color of retainer shall be color-through and match that of frame. Marker Board sheet shall be ¼-inch thick, overall, with hardboard core laminated with white melamine both sides. Glazed sheet shall be ¼-inch thick acrylic glazing in clear, frosted or smoke. Panel top edge shall be completely covered with a powder coated post-formed, cold rolled steel top cap adhered with double-face tape. Panel end trim shall be roll-formed 14-gauge cold-rolled steel powder coated to match the frame and top cap. Segments shall be screwed to bottom body panel (constructed same as fabric-covered panels) and retained on sides by same panel end trim.
Compatico warrants to the original purchaser that this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship from the date of original delivery, subject to the terms and conditions of this Lifetime Systems Warranty (ìWarrantyî). This Warranty is not transferrable. Compaticoís obligation and the purchaserís sole remedy pursuant to this Warranty are limited to repair or replacement, at Compaticoís option, FOB Compaticoís headquarters, of replacement parts which prove, under normal use, to be defective. No person, firm, or corporation is authorized to assume for Compatico any other liability in connection with COMPATICO products. Customer will receive credit for returns of defective product only after the defective product is received by COMPATICO. This Warranty applies to all Compatico Systems, except as noted at right:
- Fabric: Compatico fabrics have a 3-year warranty.
- Electrical: Compatico electrical products have a 5-year warranty.
- Moving parts: Moving parts, which include glides, suspensions, casters, and keyboard mechanisms, have a 5-year warranty.
- COM Material: The warranty does not apply to Customerís Own Material-i.e. material specified by buyer that is not a standard Compatico product offering such as fabrics specified and purchased by buyer.
- Seating: Compatico warrants certain components of its chair(s) as follows; non-moving metal components, swivel and tilt mechanisms, pneumatic cylinders, casters, base, and all wood and plastic components for 5 years, and upholstery materials for 2 years. All chairs maximum capacity, 250 lbs. unless otherwise specified. Leather is not warranted against routine scratching and scuffing, as leather is subject to minor blemishing during use. Tufted buttons are not covered under this warranty. The purchaser is responsible for any initial minor assembly, cleaning and lubricating the chair, inspection to be certain that the hardware is securely fastened a, and that there are no loose or missing parts, cracks, broken welds, or general instability. Chairs that are damaged or appear unsafe should be removed from service. For care of the coverings(leather, cloth, or vinyl), dust regularly if needed, wipe clean with a mild solution of warm soapy water, do not saturate, wipe dry. Do not use polish, wax, or saddle soap. If any chair component proves to be defective in materials or workmanship, Compatico will be provide replacement parts or replace the chair at its option; if the model you purchased is no longer available, Compatico may replace it with a similar model as determined by Compatico. (in no event will Compatico be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, or for any loss or injury to person or property resulting from the manufacture, sale and/or use of the chair.)
Warranty Limitations THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. COMPATICOíS LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE OBLIGATION TO REPAIR OR REPLACE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE THEORY UPON WHICH ANY CLAIM MIGHT BE BASED INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPATICO BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. This Warranty does not apply to damages resulting from shipment, storage, accident, alteration, misuse, assembly or installation, including (but not limited to) unsupported worksurfaces more than 60 " in length that do not have a correctly placed worksurface support spanner . All claims under this Warranty must be authorized in writing by COMPATICO prior to repair or replacement of products.