Click on a topic to learn more.
- Shall be an established product with a national and international distribution network for clients with remote sites.
- Shall offer factory-based assistance including
- CAD-based drawing (of furniture) services at no charge to any dealer
- Drawing, application and purchase order review before order entry
- Technical assistance
- Shall be approved for sale to General Services Administration (GSA).
- Shall offer complete vocabulary of panel types to create functional work stations in the broadest range from task/clerical to semi-private offices, including
- Fabric covered
- Fabric Tackable
- Fabric Acoustical
- Open frame
- Glazed, with glazing options: Clear, Smoke, Frosted
- Half-Glazed, with glazing options: Clear, Smoke, Frosted
- Partial-Glazed, with glazing options: Clear, Smoke, Frosted
- Door Panel, 36"w-without sidelite
- The panel system must meet the class A requirements for flame spread and smoke development as specified by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in the 1988 Life Safety Code No. 101 and the Underwriters Laboratories requirements for use with energy distribution components.
- Panels must be UL listed/CSA certified and labeled.
- The panels shall be A rated, have an estimated STC (Sound Transmission Coefficient) of 35, and an NRC (Noise Reduction Coefficient) of 0.55 for non-accoustic panels and 0.70 for accoustic panels. Panel heights shall be a range of 41" high to 80" high
- 39" Reception height
- 53" Full seated visual privacy
- 65" Traditional standing visual privacy
- 80" Semi-private office height
- Widths shall vary from 18" wide to 60" wide, in traditional architectural 6" modularity, except 54"w: 18", 24", 30", 36", 42", 48" and 60".
- Panels shall have a finished end, both sides, so as not to require separate trim which could create errors in specification, manufacturing or shipping, causing a delay in installation.
- Panels shall be equipped with adjustable leveler glides at least 1.75" long.
- Shall include a broad array of fabric selections and price grade levels ( includes eighty (80) patterns in five (5) grade/price levels).
- Panels must be two inches thick and lightweight (e.g., one person can easily maneuver panels of any height, less than 60 inches wide).
- Panel connection system must be a self-aligning, metal-to-metal bracket where one basic bracket accomplishes straight, 2-way 90°, 3-way and 4-way connections. Such bracket must be automatically included with each panel to eliminate specification error and/or assembly/shipping error causing installation delay.
- The system must not have product 'generation' changes that restrict full integration of future product with original product without adapters or modifications. Enhancements to the original design must be fully useable with the original generation (non-obsolesence).
Hard Surface and Fabric Covered Panels
- Panel frame construction: frame shall be made of 1.75" thick oriented strand board (OSB) vertical stiles and horizontal rails. Core shall be honeycomb construction of nominal 4½" X 4½" cells made of corrugated material. Frame bottom inside corners must be reinforced with added wood blocks glued-in from the corner to across glide hole. Frame and core shall be bonded between two hardboard sheets. Panel faces shall be uniform in appearance and show no blisters, tears, waviness, or core telegraphing. There shall be no delamination. Each side of the frame shall be completely covered with upholstery fabric. Panel top edge shall be capped over a steel u-channel with a powder coated steel top cap, 1.375"h. The u-channel shall serve to provide a data cable lay-in trough; top cap shall have knockouts at ends and end sides for cables to enter/exit individual panels. Panel end trim with slots on one-inch increments, for hanging components, shall be roll-formed 14-gauge cold-rolled steel powder coated. End trim cover to be color-through extruded plastic.
Acoustic, Tackable Panels
- Panel frame construction: same as above with either of the following bonded to either side:
- Acoustic: A layer of acoustic batting is bonded to the hardboard surface beneath the surface fabric.
- Tackable: A layer of tackable compressed fiberglass is bonded to the hardboard surface beneath the surface fabric.
Open Frame, Glazed, Half-Glazed, Partial-Glazed, Door Panels
- Panel frame construction: frame shall be constructed of welded 18 gauge cold rolled rectangular steel tubing, 1" x 2" cross section at top and sides, 1.50" x 2" cross section at bottom, all with powder coat finish. All welds shall be ground smooth and flush at joints. Glazing retainer shall be extruded, rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Color of retainer shall be color-through and match that of frame. Glazed sheet shall be ¼-inch thick acrylic glazing. Panel top edge shall be capped over a steel u-channel with a powder coated steel top cap, 1.375"h. The u-channel shall serve to provide a data cable lay-in trough; top cap shall have knockouts at ends and end sides for cables to enter/exit individual panels. Panel end trim with slots on one-inch increments, for hanging components, shall be roll-formed 14-gauge cold-rolled steel powder coated. End trim cover to be color-through extruded plastic.
- One basic steel bracket shall be capable of the following connections simply by adjusting its attachment position:
- Straight Line
- 2-Way 90º
- Panel top channels, base- and belt-way wire management assemblies and telecommunication/power poles shall manage the wires and cables in an unobtrusive, aesthetic manner, with maximum access into and out of the wire management network.
- A wire management assembly shall consist of a steel frame attached to the panel frame and include a leveling glide at each end. Raceway covers shall be powder coated steel retained by a spring steel tab for easy removal and access.
- A panel-top channel shall be available for routing lay-in data cables by simply lifting off a steel top cap with access knock outs.
- Power system must be UL/CUL recognized under UL 1286 for power distribution.
- Power kit shall provide for distribution of four, 15-amp electrical circuits and wire management for panels; three general circuits and one isolated/dedicated circuit.
- Power system shall allow continuation of power through panels which do not require access to power through duplex receptacles.
- Side covers shall snap on and off the base plate and/or belt-line for wire access.
- The power system shall have a minimum capacity for two duplex outlets per panel side (total of four outlets) on all panels wider than 24 inches.
- The receptacles must be indicated with a symbol on the face to identify its line.
- The power system shall be modular and provide power selectively only at needed locations. It shall also be reconfigurable without tools, without altering or disassembling the panel system or without the need for an electrician (unless the reconfiguration involves the building power source).
- Power system must have access to any circuit via duplex receptacles.
- The power system must offer ceiling access or end-of-panel access.
- Power distribution shall be non-directional and unhanded for reconfiguration flexibility.
- Electrical distribution must be shielded to provide an effective EMF barrier.
AD Byrne 8 Trac Overview
Byrne 8 Trac Typical Loads in Office
Byrne Data Shielding
Circuits 3-3-2 Configuration
- Work surfaces shall be 1 1/8" thick. Non-postformed work surfaces must be of a 3-ply/balanced ply construction consisting of: horizontal-grade high pressure laminate on solid core, 45 Ib. industrial grade particle board with phenolic backer.
- Shall offer at least two edge options and an expanded vocabulary of surface shapes:
- 90° and 180° postformed front edge; 1mm self edge applied to sides and back edge.
- Counter Cap
- 3mm matching color-through PVC edge on front and ends; 1mm self edge on back edge.
- Corner-Angled, Curved
- Extended Corner-Curved
- 90º Spanner
- 180° Spanner
- Extended Corner-Curved
- Extended Peninsula
- Extended Teardrop
- Corner Wedge
- Shall include predrilled holes for standard support arm locations
- Shall offer value option laminate finishes without minimum quantities.
- Shall offer rectilinear and curvilinear shape options.
- Shall include the following support options:
- Reinforced cantilever arm
- Shared cantilever arm
- Clear access panel
- Structural filing or storage component
- Post leg (single and double)
- Overhead storage shall have reinforced bottom shelf, and top for flipper door units.
- Sixteen gauge sheet steel shelf shall be formed with folded front and back edges to provide front and rear rail for installation of accessories.
- Ends shall be made of high compression or high density molded phenolic particle board end panels with self edge shall be equipped with pressed-in, threaded inserts, pre-assembled with screws.
- Multiple hook, cold-rolled steel hangers shall be pre-assembled to each end panel for hook-on installation to slotted hanger strips. Hangers shall have integral anti-dislodgement design to prevent risk of inadvertent disengagement of a mechanical device.
- Flipper door storage units must be available ordered separately as shelves and flipper doors or as a complete unit. They must be compatible with all panel widths. Overhead storage units must be attachable to either panels or walls (using wall strips) and adjustable vertically at one-inch increments the entire length of the panel or wall strips.
- Standard flipper door shall be upholstered.
- Shall offer optional style of overhead storage, including
- Radius-end all-metal shelf in two heights
- Flipper door unit-all metal-with option of receding door or over-the-top door · Shelves and flipper door covers shall be powder coated for maximum scratch and abrasion resistance.
- Interior height shall be no less than 13" to accommodate domestic and international (A4) paper/binder formats.
- Recessed bottom shelf to conceal task light and to maximize clearance between work surface for office equipment on work surface.
- Tack boards shall be available 11½ or 15½ inches high. The tack board shall be constructed of a fiberboard core, covered with fabric. Hanger clips of cold-rolled steel should allow attachment to panel hanger frames or wall strips.
- Standard utility task lights shall be housed in a formed 20 gauge steel case with
- UL Listed/CSA certified and labeled
- Polished, UV-stabilized white vinyl reflector
- Prismatic acrylic lens
- T-8 fluorescent cool white lamp
- Nine-foot long plug cable
- Available sizes appropriate to the overhead storage unit to which it is attached
- Shall offer complete range of filing and storage components including
- Work surface-supporting
- Lateral File
- Work surface-supporting
- Desktop hutch
- Storage cabinet
- Storage tower
- Storage tower/bookcase
- Full-depth pedestals shall be capable of panel or freestanding applications and provide work surface-to-floor support without the need for cosmetic filler panels or end panels.
- Pedestals shall be available in 22" and 28" depths.
- All pedestals shall have
- Flush-mounted drawer fronts with full width recessed pulls
- Drawers shall be five-sided construction
- Four (4) leveling glides
- Drawers shall be constructed using 16 gauge (fronts) and 20 gauge (case) steel
- All box and file drawers shall have full extension steel ball bearing slides
- 30" deep file drawers shall accommodate two (2) rows of letter-sized files side-by-side
- All storage components shall have a powder coat finish
- Lateral file units shall be available with 2, 3, 4 or 5 drawers and 30, 36 or 42 inches wide.
- Lateral files shall incorporate a positive interlock system, allowing only one drawer to be opened at a time.
- File drawers shall have integral hanging folder lip and support to hold letter, legal and A-4 size paper.
- Shall include removable pencil tray for box drawers.
- Shall have available optional box drawer divider.
- Core removable locks shall be standard for all storage components.
- Keyed-alike option shall be available as well as a 'master' key.
- Shall offer full array of productivity tools, including
- Pencil drawer
- Keyboard tray
- Task light
- Coat hook
- Tack board
- Tool rail & accessories
- File top cushion for mobile pedestals
- Shall include a full-featured ergonomic keyboard option including
- 360-degree swivel
- Minimum 6" height range
- Plaltform tilt with 5-degree negative tilt
- Integrated palm rest for adequate wrist support
Compatico warrants to the original purchaser that this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship from the date of original delivery, subject to the terms and conditions of this Lifetime Systems Warranty (ìWarrantyî). This Warranty is not transferrable. Compaticoís obligation and the purchaserís sole remedy pursuant to this Warranty are limited to repair or replacement, at Compaticoís option, FOB Compaticoís headquarters, of replacement parts which prove, under normal use, to be defective. No person, firm, or corporation is authorized to assume for Compatico any other liability in connection with COMPATICO products. Customer will receive credit for returns of defective product only after the defective product is received by COMPATICO. This Warranty applies to all Compatico Systems, except as noted at right: Exceptions:
# Fabric: Compatico fabrics have a 3-year warranty.
# Electrical: Compatico electrical products have a 5-year warranty.
# Moving parts: Moving parts, which include glides, suspensions, casters, and keyboard mechanisms, have a 5-year warranty.
# COM Material: The warranty does not apply to Customerís Own Material-i.e. material specified by buyer that is not a standard Compatico product offering such as fabrics specified and purchased by buyer.
# Seating: Compatico warrants certain components of its chair(s) as follows; non-moving metal components, swivel and tilt mechanisms, pneumatic cylinders, casters, base, and all wood and plastic components for 5 years, and upholstery materials for 2 years. All chairs maximum capacity, 250 lbs. unless otherwise specified. Leather is not warranted against routine scratching and scuffing, as leather is subject to minor blemishing during use. Tufted buttons are not covered under this warranty. The purchaser is responsible for any initial minor assembly, cleaning and lubricating the chair, inspection to be certain that the hardware is securely fastened a, and that there are no loose or missing parts, cracks, broken welds, or general instability. Chairs that are damaged or appear unsafe should be removed from service. For care of the coverings(leather, cloth, or vinyl), dust regularly if needed, wipe clean with a mild solution of warm soapy water, do not saturate, wipe dry. Do not use polish, wax, or saddle soap. If any chair component proves to be defective in materials or workmanship, Compatico will be provide replacement parts or replace the chair at its option; if the model you purchased is no longer available, Compatico may replace it with a similar model as determined by Compatico. (in no event will Compatico be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, or for any loss or injury to person or property resulting from the manufacture, sale and/or use of the chair.)
Warranty Limitations THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. COMPATICOíS LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE OBLIGATION TO REPAIR OR REPLACE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE THEORY UPON WHICH ANY CLAIM MIGHT BE BASED INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPATICO BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. This Warranty does not apply to damages resulting from shipment, storage, accident, alteration, misuse, assembly or installation, including (but not limited to) unsupported worksurfaces more than 60 " in length that do not have a correctly placed worksurface support spanner . All claims under this Warranty must be authorized in writing by COMPATICO prior to repair or replacement of products.